Are you trying hard to climb the ladder of social or financial success? How is this going? Much of the reason why it may seem so difficult to move upward fast is probably because of your lack of goal setting.
Most successful people created a plan of their future. They wrote down their relevant and achievable goals. This helps them to know where they are going and what they should be doing.
The use of a mind map will aid you in assessing your goals, plans and yourself. From this you create your own personal GAME PLAN!
Why you use a mind map? Mind mapping is a remarkable way of organizing your thoughts. It helps you to transform them into useful information that will guide you through your daily responsibilities. You can apply mind maps to the simple task of planning your activities for the day to creating a life-long plan that will show and probably determine your future. This simple yet effective method is a powerful tool that will help you in getting faster results. It will guide you through life and with achieving your goals. This may be your in professional but of course also in your personal life.
Personal Goal Setting with the Use of Mind Maps
Goal setting is a powerful method to envision your future and motivating yourself. By knowing what you want to achieve in your life, you will be able to identify what’s really important and where you should concentrate your efforts on. Setting your goals will enable you to cope with the distractions and irrelevant concerns that usually limit you from realizing significant results.
Even better is mind mapping your goals. This way you will have a visual picture on what you want to achieve and what your options are in achieving them.
Properly set goals are incredible motivators that could help you develop self-confidence. This encourages you even more to pursue your goals as you realize positive outcome instantly.
Steps in Goal Setting
1. Start by identifying a lifetime mission that gives you an overall perspective that shapes all other aspects in your life.
Set goals in some of these following categories:
- Attitude – What are the positive traits or outlook in life that you possess and can develop further to help you in achieving your goals? Are there negative attitudes or habits that hinder you from moving forward?
- Career – What do you want to achieve in your career? What do you need to do to enhance your efficiency and productivity? How will you advance in your work and how long should it take?
- Education – Are there skills or information that you need to acquire to help you move forward in achieving other goals?
- Financial – How much do you want to earn? How much do you need to live comfortably?
2. Set the smaller goals you need to achieve in the near future that support your lifetime mission. Identify a 5 year plan, 1 year plan, 6 month plan, to 1 month plan that are anchored in the main plan you previously developed.
3. Make a daily plan to guide you through your everyday activities.
4. Daily or weekly review your plans and modify them if necessary to reflect your changing priorities and experiences.
Planning with the help of mind maps will give you a bird’s eye view on your long-term and short-term goals. As well as help you in organizing your resources. Having a better insight in the goals you set will help you see where you are at the moment, what you need to do, and where you are going.
Understanding yourself and managing yourself is very important. This will help you to enjoy life even more.