7 Hermetic Principles are very simple, here we have listed them brifly and in a very simple form.
1. The principle of mentalism – or the principle of thought.
“The universe is a mindset – the universe is mental.”
2. The principle of correspondence – or the principle of conformity or symmetry.
“As above, so below. As below, so above. ”
3. The principle of vibration– or the principle of frequencies.
“Nothing is at peace, everything is moving. Everything vibrates.”
4. The principle of polarity- or the principle of contradictions.
“Everything is dual. Everything has poles .Everything has a pair of opposites. Sympathy and antipathy are the same (same emotions, but different degrees. The nature of the opposites is identical, but there are degrees of differences. Extremes meet. All truths are only half truths. All paradoxes can be understood. ”
5. The principle of rhythm – or the cyclical principle.
“Everything is in motion. Everything happens and disappears. The pendulum swings back and forth – the distance the pendulum swings to the right is equal to the distance it swings to the left. Rhythm balances. ”
6. The principle of cause and effect – or the karmic principle.
“Every cause has an effect. Every effect has a cause. Everything happens in accordance with the law. Taking a chance is just another expression of the law, which has not yet been recognized. Reasoning is based on many plans, but nothing escapes the law. ”
7. The principle of the two sexes– or the manifesting principle.
“The gender is total. Everything contains a masculine and a feminine principle. It is the sexes that manifest at all levels. “
Here we have listed the 7 Hermetic Principles, hope it helps to understand the basics!